Thursday, April 03, 2008

Recent Verifications

KWEI Weiser ID 1260 confirmed a tentative reception from Dec 27 on April 3. Their ID was less than obvious to me but Arnstein Bue and Henrik Klemetz put me on the right track and Tuomo Ahonen kindly submitted the correct contact info. I've been chasing KWEI for quite a while but has proved difficult to ID.
WCRN Worcester MA 830 was a first one for me on Oct 15; friendly response on April 3. Thanks Arild for contact info.
KMPC Los Angeles CA 1540 was another of my Feb 26 loggings. Korean programming but a full English ID on top of the hour just as KXEL was fading a bit. KMPC's towers were rebuilt in 2005 which may at least in part be the reason why KMPC is less rare now than it used to be. Received March 28.
KGHF Pueblo CO 1350 was heard quite well on Feb 26, but their CE remarked that they were only running 300 watts nights at that time!
KUTR Salt Lake City UT 820 finally made a good appearance on Feb 27. Swift email response on March 27.
CJRJ Victoria BC 1200 has been a very dominant station after they started transmissions late 2006. I finally came around to send a report after I found a nice ID on Feb 26. Their Manager says all their distant listeners so far have come from Finland, Norway and Sweden.
KSZN Gresham OR 1230 was up briefly on my Perseus on Feb 26 with a "Gresham - Portland 1230 AM ESPN Deportes Radio" at 0900. New log for me; confirmed with a brief email March 24. Thanks Olito for helping with the ID.

No comments: