Sunday, April 25, 2021

Elad FDM-S3 Again - Problems Solved?

Apparently, the problems I had with connecting to the S3 after a PC reboot or power down, have disappeared! Don't ask me why. It's the same PC, same USB port in use, no updates, nada. It would be only fair to update the article based on these findings. I also tested the FDM-SW2 software, and found it a lot more easy to record 24 MHz to a hard drive than with SDR Console. Still hoping for HDSDR support though.

Here is the revised article.


2 comments:

Marc Vissers said...

Any idea how much data per minute will be saved when using the full bandwidth for FM Bjarne ?

Marc
Belgium

Bjarne Mjelde said...

Marc, that depends!
With the Elad 24-bit IQ recording, 8.12 GB/sec (roughly). With SDR Console, 16-bit: 5.41 GB/sec. When/if HDSDR support is ready, it might be interesting to test 8-bit IQ recordings, although I have my doubt about the results. But if you never try, you'll never know.