Monday, July 01, 2024

Perseus22 - DAB

 Back at the KONG HQ after a couple of weekends spent running! First, Midnight Sun Marathon in Tromsø on June 22 doing a half-marathon that exceeded my expectations. A week later I attempted a Backyard Ultra in Kirkenes, near the Russian border, where I bailed out after six rounds and 40 km. Thighs still aching.

 Now: Vacation! So, I thought I'd connect my FM antenna, pointing perpendicular to the DAB transmitter in Kongsfjord, to the Perseus22. No problem. The DAB transmitter is only 4 km away and 100 watts.The only available MUX here is the NRK MUX, comprising 18 channels including my favourite NRK P13. The screen dump below shows how DAB+ is received. Indeed, I have my doubts if legacy DAB is decodeable, as the manual specifically mentions DAB+ and not DAB. As far as I know, legacy DAB is only available in the United Kingdom now. Maybe someone in the UK could confirm.

With the "Snap DAB Freq" option selected, one can move from MUX to MUX by scrolling the mouse up or down. No keyboard up/down entries available in version 1.1.

No program info (show, artist, title, image/logo) is available in this version, unless I have overlooked something. Channel selection is excellent, instant decode.



No comments: