Saturday, October 28, 2023

KONG47 - Day Nine

This is going to be a short one, friends.

As mentioned in yesterday's post, we arranged breakfast for ourselves and our friends from Finland at 09 local today. They then headed back to their basecamp in Aihikiniemi whiile we carried on with searching for interesting stations. Conditions weren't the best, but from the previous night's recordings we did find KCSP Kansas City MO 610, KTSM El Paso TX 690, KMHI Mountain Home ID 1240, KCSF Colorado Springs CO 1300, KENN Farmington NM 1390 and KMIC Houston TX 1590. More to follow. 

Another visit to the sauna today, to make sure we are clean and representative when we travel home on Sunday evening and Monday morning. While at the sauna I wanted to catch the full moon, and I think I succeeded quite well with this unedited shot from my mobile phone.

Photo taken from the Kongsfjord Guesthouse sauna

Afterwards, we ate dinner, a lamb's thigh baked in the oven for 7 hours, with root veggies paste. Nice one! For dessert, my own apple pie with cream. We had one (or actually two) bottles of L'Ancien Le Buissy Beaujolais with the meat, and the rest of the Castelnau de Suduiraut with the dessert.

Weather: Calm, -2 Celsius and dry. Another nice day! Tomorrow will the last full day for the KONG crew, and I will be leaving as early as around 18 local. Before that, we have to dismantle the beverage antenna and equipment at the Mount Loran site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog and just want to say thanks! I am also an avid DXer and have been for many years. I live in the US in a city so noise is my constant companion.
Thanks for posting your receiver tests. I find them very informative.

Best wishes and I hope you have many more excellent DXing parties!

PS. So far my Airspy HF+ Discovery destroys my other radios on LW and often on MW and HF too.
This is a bit depressing as I have some great receivers. NRD-515, Drake R8A, Icom R-8500,
Yaesu FTDX-5000MP, Icom 7410...and Mackay Marine 3031A.

Again, I really love your blog and good DXing to you!