The first files were two-minute recordings. We later increased to four minutes, partly because the PC clock was 30 seconds wrong (the typical TOH will appear around 30 seconds later), and partly because many stations do not ID at the exact hour.
The Master Log is a Google spreadsheet. Anyone with the link is given access to edit the log, and we encourage everyone to edit this specific log so everyone interested can see what's been found. We haven't done much work trying to identify all stations, so there should be lots of challenges even if many stations are already identified.
Five locations were used for the RF recordings:
1. Arusha (more specifically Moivaro Lodge, in the eastern outskirts of the city). Altitude 1400 masl.
2. Shira 1 camp, altitude 3505 masl.
3. Shira 2 camp, altitude 3950 masl.
4. Buffalo camp, altitude 4150 masl
5. Third Cave camp, altitude 3950 masl
Unfortunately we were unable to set up the equipment for Zanzibar recordings. Any problems regarding the RF files or Master Log, please email me or use the Comments section.
|Me in the tent, checking a recording made with the SDR-IQ on OJ's Sony Vaio|