Friday, August 01, 2008

New Season Approaching




Every year, when the midnight sun disappears on July 27, I know that another season is only weeks away. So I've started antenna repairs, and purchased various equipment. Nights are still very light, so I don't expect to hear anything interesting until the end of August when Australian MW stations can be heard in the evening. Since we're still in the solar minimum and there is no sign of increased solar activity any time soon, we should look forward to an interesting autumn.

In the mean time, why not take a look at these pictures, shot when I was on a photo shoot mission in July (just about the only clear day this summer). On the first picture, my location is the blue house all by itself on the top of the picture. A close-up is on the second picture. My home town Berlevåg is third.

No comments: